Thursday, August 29, 2013

Letting Go of Control

I am finding that sticking to one solid schedule is just not going to work for this family. Between my full of life one year old, different projects around the house, bible studies, and mom groups, I just don't see us being able to stick to an everyday plan.

Life is too short and I need to learn to be more flexible. Oh, that's a scary word. Flexible. Go with the flow. See where life takes you. I am most definitely NOT that kind of a person. I have to plan. It is the one thing I usually try and hold on to when things start to get hard. It is also the exact way the Lord works within me as well. He knows I like to hold on to control. I cling to it. Most often during the times when I really have no control at all.

So when something little comes along and changes the plan up even the tiniest bit, I usually start to unravel. This has been happening a lot lately with all the new challenges I have in my life right now. I have realized that I need to let go of the need to control and give it to the One who really is in control. Of course, anyone who has tried to overcome this battle, knows that we need daily reminders to give it back to the Lord. For He is the one who holds my life in His hands.

I have also learned the only true way to feel peace over the matter is to surround myself with God's truth. What does the Lord say about me and my life? Why am I so special? What makes Him think that I can DO this?

What makes ME so special? - "What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to him than a whole flock of sparrows." Luke 12:6-7

What gives me the confidence about what I am doing in my life?- "...I have been sent to bring faith to those God has chosen and teach them to know the truth that shows them how to live godly lives. This truth gives them the confidence of eternal life, which God promised them before the world began- and he cannot lie." Titus 1:1-2

What makes Him think that I can DO this??- "For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." Philippians 4:13

After diving in and reading the truths, I always feel better. I am so thankful to have the word of the Lord with me here and to have it to read when I need it the most. So even when I feel like the day has completely overwhelmed me, I know that I am doing exactly what God has called me to be doing right now. Sometimes JUST being a good mother is enough. I know that we moms strive to be the best mom out there, running here, going there. Having to always feel like we are doing something productive with our time. The truth is, God loves you! Even in your "off" days.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7




No comments:

Post a Comment